About PERSEVERE ALLIED HEALTH INSTITUTE + meet the staff
- Veronica Newman, the owner of PERSEVERE ALLIED HEALTH INSTITUTE, started in the healthcare industry about 20 years ago as a home healthcare aide. She later attended an on-site training program to become a certified nursing assistant, and from there, she moved up the healthcare ladder to work in different positions.From being a certified nursing assistant, she later worked as a patient care technician at DMC, Detroit Receiving Hospital's level 1 trauma emergency room. Aside from that, she also worked in a cardiothoracic intensive care unit at Cleveland Clinic—the number one heart center—for six years. Veronica then went on to become a dialysis technician, assisting in dialysis operations for about seven years.Working as a dialysis technician fueled her desire to move further up the ladder to become a nurse—her dream career. So, she completed nursing school and successfully became a licensed practical nurse.
Medical Career After Completing Nursing SchoolVeronica continued working in dialysis care for a couple of years after completing nursing school. She enjoyed her journey in this department, so she continued her already lengthy background to work for nursing facilities specializing in geriatric and dementia care, mental health wellness, and substance abuse.Veronica then established PERSEVERE ALLIED HEALTH INSTITUTE in 2020, helping other aspiring medical professionals kick-start or advance their allied health careers.
Instructor: Mr. Joseph Polk Sr.With over 20 years of medical experience in helping patients and their families through mental and health illness, traumatic experiences and life threatening circumstances, Mr. Joseph Polk Sr. has been a staple in the tri-city and Oakland county community, providing his medical expertise to those that need it most. He has currently teamed up with Persevere Allied Health Institute to offer his laboratory and venipuncture expertise. Mr. Polk has provided his medical knowledge and venipuncture skills to such wonder medical facilities such as: Ascension St. Mary’s hospital (Saginaw MI), Bay side Medical (Bay City MI), Sag/Bay Oral Surgeon (Saginaw MI), Oakland Primary Health Sources (Pontiac MI), DaVita Dialysis (Pontiac MI), Quest Diagnostic (Flint MI), St. Joseph Mercy Oakland (Pontiac MI), Bloomfield Hills Peds (Bloomfield Hills), Henry Ford Surgical Team (Detroit MI) and other laboratories and hospitals that needed the assistance of Mr. Polk. Mr. Polk grew up in Saginaw Michigan, where he witnessed the plight of a community that did not have easy access for young African American to venture into the medical field. After seeing and researching this, Mr. Polk set out to hopefully pave the way for more young men such as his self. Mr. Polk graduated from Ross Medical Education Center (Saginaw MI) in 2004 as a Medical Assistant and Phlebotomist (Venipuncture) Expert and has ever since took it upon his self to inspire others with his passion of helping, teaching and encouraging those of his gender and ethnicity that we all matter and should leave our own foot prints in this big world for encouragement and growth.
Our Core Values:
- Proactive Leadership and Innovation
- Integrity, Accountability, and Transparency
- Collaboration and Collegiality
- Student Success and Customer Service
- Entrepreneurship and Workforce Development